Fancy a battle? The Sustain-a-Battle is a competition between the residents of the campus of the University of Twente who aim to achieve the highest reduction in electricity usage. In a month-long competition, student flats will take on the challenge to manage energy as efficiently as possible and arrange more sustainable energy provisions.
Sign up for the Sustain-a-Battle 2016 has been closed. 24 teams will be competing this year, with the winner officially becoming the Most Sustainable Campus Resident group of 2016!
The winning group takes it all!
- An energy friendly refrigerator (Sponsored by Brilman Elektro)
- A huge balcony flag which states: 'Most Sustainable Campus Dorm of 2016'
- Drinks and food for a spectacular house party
- A jealous look from the other resident groups for an entire year
In addition, if you finish second or third, you will be awarded useful saving products as well!
Some quick info
When does the battle take place?
Between April 11th and May 9th
The Sustain-a-Battle is one of the projects selected for the Living Smart Campus programme.
How to win!
- Achieve within the span of a month the highest electricity reduction with your fellow residents.
- Compose the most creative energy action plan (brief, but effectively).
- Share a weekly update with the most hilarious pictures and videos from your group activities to reduce electricity on our Facebook page.
- Afterwards, share with us your best lessons learned.
For every criterion you can earn a maximum of 10 points. The winner is selected by a jury.
SO, ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE BATTLE?